Batman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

Driver tee position Empty
PostSubject: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Assuming u gonna shape a left to right shot, or vice versa. Do u setup and position ur tee a bit more front, center or back during address?

Something I'd been thinking, and wanna know what do u gurus out there do...
Back to top Go down
qispiker
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
qispiker

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Wow this one you got to ask the pros here liao.

I can only shape right shots cos my ball always go OB on the right if not hazard...but I always set up on the front...dnt knw if centre or back will help anot...any kind soul here can teach???
Back to top Go down
shotah
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Hmmmm...... why shape shots off the tee? Its already so hard hitting it straight and you want to increase the difficulty???
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 1:44 am

shotah: I gave up hitting the ball straight a long time ago! It's just too difficult!
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 am

Batman: My 2 cents worth from a high handicapper. I fade/slice my balls quite frequently.

1. My ball position never changes. ALWAYS in line with the left heel.
2. Tee the ball up a bit higher.
3. Move the left foot a toe's length behind the right foot such that the foot line is pointing left of the target. The clubface must still point in line with the target line.
4. Optional: I used to do this but now I don't need anymore. I used to adopt an interlocking grip to fade the ball. Somehow, interlocking grip does not allow a quick release of the arms, forcing the wrist to hold on for a little longer. This will inflict some spin to the ball.

And remember to aim well left of the target! Hahaha...

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 am

haha bro qispiker, I have the same problem as you. 75% of my shots go from fade to slice... when I wanna my ball go right, for dog-leg right holes, it goes straight or left Exclamation Exclamation

my tee position is always setup on around my left-heel line... I too also a high-hand..... handicapper that is Razz
Back to top Go down
Batman
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 am

good tip bro rocky... u rock!! except for point 2, the rest are same for me.... No wonder we are 高手 Driver tee position 809887

Cos I prefer to tee up a little lower (i.e my ball is abt half protruding from my driver at address)
Back to top Go down
shotah
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 am

rocky wrote:
shotah: I gave up hitting the ball straight a long time ago! It's just too difficult!

If irons can hit straight, means driver got chance too. Just need practise. reason with hitting fade.... too much of it means slice and very hard to control.
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 am

shotah wrote:
Hmmmm...... why shape shots off the tee? Its already so hard hitting it straight and you want to increase the difficulty???

Usually most players wanted to learn how to shape their balls, were those players whom have been hitting their ball rather straight with consistence (in fact more of the time). In other word, these player have a very strong basic swing enable them to do it. Btw, correction, ball flight never straight but just an way of using word during writing ....

When we are able to shape our shots. There is also the reason between the high & low hcp players.. Shaping shots will be last priority to be use, just like we always say ... "when you can putt don't chip" .. "when you chip low to the ground, don't chip it high". However, when you need to use, it will be good if you knew how to do it ....

My way of shaping is very similar to bro Rocky except that I do close or open slightly on my club face.

I was also taught that beside using all those address position or club face difference method. The can also use the normal address and shape your shots by have a different way in release and follow through too (imagine, how you releases your hand hitting a straight ball .. Now think, how you should release look like when you wanted to hit a fade or draw)
Back to top Go down
shotah
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 am

good to know that all you guys are learning to shape the shots. I only hear this comment from the 14 years old singapore amatuer champion. " My coach told me, since i have won the amatuer, its time to learn to start learning how to shape your shots." Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 am

i just wanna hit straight.....

u will never be penalise if u hit it straight....

i dun wanna shape shots.... i dun wanna be pro

just want my chneg teng from UL....

and GM not to be howlian in front of me..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Ironman

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 am

slinger wrote:

Bro slinger,
Even with the level of skills you are playing, you are always so humble ... I should learn not to talk too much and listen more ... Embarassed lol! Driver tee position 444205
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 am

slinger wrote:

UL told me, for you ONLY, cheng teng anytime... Very Happy

Regardless of your score...howlian will always be howlian... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:13 am

For driver shot.....the ball never listen to me.... Sad
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:13 am

slinger wrote:

yup me too !
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:59 am

i dun dare to shape my driver shot. just want to hit it straight or the direction that I'm aiming.

but nevertheless in theory, tee the ball a bit higher and bit more forward in your stance, pull your back foot a little more behind will help promote a takeaway more to the inside to promote draw

conversely, tee the ball a bit lower, slightly behind than your usual tee shot position, back foot a little in front (to promote an open stance at address) will promote a steeper takeaway and outside in type of shot to promote a fade

like I said, theory only. you need to practice practice practice.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 am

For me i just do the textbook where the ball is half above the driver head, address near my left heel, moved my right foot back a little...and let IT RIP !

cheers
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:15 am

hey UL, i am also using the same driver set up drill like you... only difference, I move my driver head slightly towards right as I move my right foot back.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:18 am

pocketace wrote:
hey UL, i am also using the same driver set up drill like you... only difference, I move my driver head slightly towards right as I move my right foot back.

Don't think so....do you end your pose like me....ONE LEG KICKING

Driver tee position 288898
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 pm

I dont use Tee, its off the deck...

Macam real, with the way i swing,....i will duff the shot anyway...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Khorkar wrote:
I dont use Tee, its off the deck...

Macam real, with the way i swing,....i will duff the shot anyway...

I think if you play golf....your mind becames like a 5 years old kid !!! pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver tee position   Driver tee position Empty

Back to top Go down

Driver tee position
Page 1 of 1