AuthorMessage
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 50 Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P? PART 50   W.I.M.P? PART 50 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:29 am

QUESTION:
A player believes his ball may be in a bunker and finds a ball there that is almost completely covered with sand. He cannot be certain that it is his ball. How should he proceed within the Rules?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

W.I.M.P? PART 50 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 50   W.I.M.P? PART 50 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 am

I think if ball is in hazard and hits it out, only to find its the wrong ball, there's no penalty.

I remember because Lee Trevino said it on GolfChannel but being the lazy bugger I am, I never went to verify.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
bomby

W.I.M.P? PART 50 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 50   W.I.M.P? PART 50 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:45 am

I think can lift and ID... provided that they process is witness by fellow competitor and the position marked.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 50 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 50   W.I.M.P? PART 50 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:39 am

ANSWER:
The player may remove as much sand as necessary to enable identification of the ball. If he cannot identify his ball in a bunker without lifting it he must follow the procedure outlined in Rule 12-2.
Before lifting the ball he must announce his intention to his opponent of fellow competitor, and mark the position of the ball, He may then lift the ball and identify it, providing that he gives his opponent or fellow competitor an opportunity to observe the lifting and the replacement. When replacing the abll he must re-cover it with sand to the extend that it was prior to the search.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.I.M.P? PART 50 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 50   W.I.M.P? PART 50 Empty

Back to top Go down

W.I.M.P? PART 50
Page 1 of 1