Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

What is wrong ): Empty
PostSubject: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:39 am

been trying very hard to get my 7iron to hit to 120m but it always hit to 80m only.

What is wrong?? ):
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:48 am

my 7i only 75mtr! Sad
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:51 am

cristel: why do you want to hit 7iron to 120m? What are you trying to achieve?

Consistency is better than distance. Go to range to practice consistency. Go to gym to gain distance. My 2 cents. cheers.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:54 am

You must make sure the ball contact is good, hit the ball first then hit the ground...i.e. don't duff...

This is the more common problem... if not, then must check your swing liao....
Back to top Go down
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:00 am

my consistency is 70m-80m. the best i tried was 90m.

but the lady at the mbgc recept say if i want to pass their swing test, i need to hit 7iron at 120m for ladies and 150m for guys.

Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 am

cristel wrote:

but the lady at the mbgc recept say if i want to pass their swing test, i need to hit 7iron at 120m for ladies and 150m for guys.

150m for 7i? affraid

no wonder I nvr play at mbgc before...
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am

cristel wrote:

This is nonsense man.... many guys also cannot hit 7i to 150m..... don't listen to the recept, just go to the range and the PRO will tell you if you pass...

Most of the time, they just want to see and make sure your ball can air borne....not topping and rolling...
Back to top Go down
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:10 am

Seiko wrote:
cristel wrote:

150m for 7i? affraid

initially i was skeptical but mike manage to hit till 140m lehs... ):
Back to top Go down
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:15 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
cristel wrote:

This is nonsense man.... many guys also cannot hit 7i to 150m..... don't listen to the recept, just go to the range and the PRO will tell you if you pass...

Most of the time, they just want to see and make sure your ball can air borne....not topping and rolling...

Serious? Mad they make me waste my time hitting 75 balls when my wrist is injured. Argghh..
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:15 am

cristel wrote:
Seiko wrote:
cristel wrote:

150m for 7i? affraid

sigh...i felt so inferior....when can we a have game? both of u coming on 4 March?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:22 am

cristel wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:
cristel wrote:

Serious? Mad they make me waste my time hitting 75 balls when my wrist is injured. Argghh..

Next time tell the recept, don't know keep quiet, don't any how "bomb".... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Terence29
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Terence29

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:24 am

Dont worry lah. I'm only managed 95m on my 7i.
Back to top Go down
pngstream
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
pngstream

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:28 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
cristel wrote:

I agreed with NG,if you can swing & strike no problem they will issue pass cert. but mostly It is to earn extra bucks for the range test. The swing test cert is valid for 1 month. So they will earn another $10 for another swing test next month.....
Back to top Go down
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:29 am

Seiko wrote:
cristel wrote:
Seiko wrote:
cristel wrote:

150m for 7i? affraid

sigh...i felt so inferior....when can we a have game? both of u coming on 4 March?

paiseh... when i go green, i get super tense up and then the balls just roll on the grass.

then again, the idea of driving the buggy distract me from the game :p
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 am

Join us lah....we are there for friendship not intense competition... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:34 am

cristel wrote:

kuku bird. just get the ball on the green and into the hole. That's GOLF. Not wat iron hit wat distance. U should tell the recept off. They dunno anything abt golf
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:37 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
cristel wrote:

Agree. Accuracy is preferred. Distance is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Established Member
Established Member
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:38 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
cristel wrote:

150 YARDS for 7 irons is about the average distance for amateurs with a few years of experience. That's about 135m.

Pros are different. Last night David Love hit a 9 iron for par 3 195yds (175m).

If you hit 90m for 7 irons, and if you are a young man, something is wrong with your swing. You should get a teaching pro to check for you.

But I doubt MBGC will insist on hitting 150m for 7 iron before they let you play. They usually just observe a few swings to see if you can get your balls off the ground. Even if you hit 90m with 7 iron, as long as you don't top them, they will let you play. Don't forget it's not easy to hit 150m with 7 iron using range balls. Someone is pulling your legs by saying you need to hit 150m with 7I.

Back to top Go down
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:54 am

u got to ask mike. he is my driver. :p
Back to top Go down
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 am

well, Mike is not so worried about his 150m... compared to my 120m. his difference is only about 10m apart.

but mine, nope. is a 40m difference.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:59 am

cristel wrote:
u got to ask mike. he is my driver. :p

aiyo...i ask u..u ask me to ask mike...i'm sure mike got no objections if u wan to go...
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:11 am

freedrop wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:
cristel wrote:

150 YARDS for 7 irons is about the average distance for amateurs with a few years of experience. That's about 135m.

Pros are different. Last night David Love hit a 9 iron for par 3 195yds (175m).

If you hit 90m for 7 irons, and if you are a young man, something is wrong with your swing. You should get a teaching pro to check for you.

But I doubt MBGC will insist on hitting 150m for 7 iron before they let you play. They usually just observe a few swings to see if you can get your balls off the ground. Even if you hit 90m with 7 iron, as long as you don't top them, they will let you play. Don't forget it's not easy to hit 150m with 7 iron using range balls. Someone is pulling your legs by saying you need to hit 150m with 7I.

Bro freedrop, cristel is a "Chabo"..... What a Face

btw, believe the commentator might have made a mistake on the 9 iron....(175m)
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:19 am

cristel wrote:

Wow..like that many people will fail their swing test. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cristel
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
cristel

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:34 am

i think so too. i tried hitting it relax: 70m.
i try hitting it with my best: 90.

WTF?! not even anywhere near 120m. i gonna ask whoever that test my swing to hit 120/150m if they fail me.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 am

cristel wrote:
i think so too. i tried hitting it relax: 70m.
i try hitting it with my best: 90.

WTF?! not even anywhere near 120m. i gonna ask whoever that test my swing to hit 120/150m if they fail me.

Why not go and get your hcp - just need to attend workshop & courtesy round ? Guarantee no need to hit 120m for a 7i. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong ):   What is wrong ): Empty

Back to top Go down

What is wrong ):
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next