17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

How often do you golf??? Empty
PostSubject: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:57 am

Just curious to see the frequency of ones indulgence in the beautiful sport of golf.

Sadly while I enjoy the game tremendously, over the last 6 yrs, I've truely been playing only 2-3timea a year. Yes. A year.
With the introduction to RDG forum, I think I will be getting more games under my belt!!! This Malacca trip would be my 2nd game in 2010!!! Lifes changing. Hahah.
My surpressed green outings is mainly due to work and the ability to arrange with my kaki to match our availability to play.

3 cheers for RDG!!!!

With that, I do hope to improve my game.
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:07 am

Real no joke....
Below are wat i knw

Golfman - 5 times a week
S2S - 4 times a week
Tiley - 2 times a week
UL - 3 to 4 times a week
moi - i am doing shift work. Number of games depends on my off day. Average is 1.5 times a week.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:14 am

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All so free ah. And I thought if one can play twice a week would be a luxury!!!!
U guys all pro ah?? No need to work?? Or working at golf course???
So nice.......
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:19 am

I was told by someone... to maintain standard, must play at least once a week. To improve then must play at least twice a week (but how fast and how much depends on individual).

I try to play once a week.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:21 am

I haven't been playing as much as I would like to for the past year. I used to play at least once a week but now if I can get one game a month I'm lucky. These guys are Big Towkays, no need to work, just play golf ...so nice.... lol!
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:22 am

This week i haven't had any game. My driver kept on duff duff duff recently. Driver will hit the ground together with ball and distance short about 50m. I really don't know why. It only happen last month. Sometimes i had to purposely imagine a "top" to hit the ball.
But on the bright side, i can tee off without a tee. hehe...
I hope with this 1 week break i can forget about my duff driver swing.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:22 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
I was told by someone... to maintain standard, must play at least once a week. To improve then must play at least twice a week (but how fast and how much depends on individual).

That's why I hentak kakai lor! Very Sad you know Sad

Now with MaxSwing, I can now plan to go there for some make up games How often do you golf??? 358550 How often do you golf??? 358550 How often do you golf??? 358550
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:

totally opposite for me.. the more i play the worse i get.. now i play once a month so i've got an excuse to remain crappy at golf..
Back to top Go down
prettygolf
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
prettygolf

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:30 am

[quote="Neutralgolfer"]I was told by someone... to maintain standard, must play at least once a week. To improve then must play at least twice a week (but how fast and how much depends on individual).

I try to play once a week.[/quot]

i play twice a week. but still not improve. Evil or Very Mad play 100+ confused ,like beginner. affraid
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:32 am

[quote="prettygolf"]
Neutralgolfer wrote:

I try to play once a week.[/quot]

i play twice a week. but still not improve. Evil or Very Mad play 100+ confused ,like beginner. affraid

I know the feeling....like crap confused confused confused why why why! Question
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Hahah. Maybe it's a mental block. Sometimes I do feel it
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:20 pm

prettygolf wrote:

At least you maintain at 100+ right? Never go up to 110+ right? Haha... How often do you golf??? 472247
Back to top Go down
BGLeeJohn
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
BGLeeJohn

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Average 3 times a week - Doctor's prescription la How often do you golf??? 16911
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:05 pm

I played so much...still cannot break 100 leh.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rickyokf
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Rickyokf

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:05 pm

hmmm... last time i 1 wk play 4 games 3 days in range non stop for 1 yrs after that feel too tired n too crazy becos no improvement score get higher n higher..like wasting time n money ..now 1 wk 2 games 2 days in range is enough ... Sad
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
I played so much...still cannot break 100 leh.... Shocked

buaya buaya!!! Buaya alert.

From black tee Si boh??
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:12 pm

andyokf wrote:
hmmm... last time i 1 wk play 4 games 3 days in range non stop for 1 yrs after that feel too tired n too crazy becos no improvement score get higher n higher..like wasting time n money ..now 1 wk 2 games 2 days in range is enough ... Sad

I know there's such a thing as playing too much or practicing too much, the mental and physical being suddenly stops...Oooops this is bad No No No No so how do you break thru? anyone know the answer? Sad Sad I think it's because the more you play the more you (the brain) think, the more mistakes you make......so how? confused confused confused confused confused

Last edited by RedPhoenix on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:14 pm

You know why i still can't get my DSSD.....it because moi buaya all my $$$$$ !

Hate him !

How often do you golf??? 300861
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Wah. I think this is rather extreme. If in a game, I blow a hole, I will usually start of badly for the next. But must really try to psych yrself up and stay calm. Dun always work for me but I try to make it a point. Probably also don't do much mental exercise with my limited exposure on the green.

Maybe JL have better inputs to share or her sisters???
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
You know why i still can't get my DSSD.....it because moi buaya all my $$$$$ !

Hate him !

How often do you golf??? 300861
Liar liar!! Big spare tyre!! Pants on fire!!
U bluff who??? Kekekke
think u haven't Ketok enuff to buy DSSD yet lah. More likely so.

Last edited by jazz_samz on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:39 pm

RedPhoenix wrote:

I know there's such a thing as playing too much or practicing too much, the mental and physical being suddenly stops...Oooops this is bad No No No No so how do you break thru? anyone know the answer? Sad Sad I think it's because the more you play the more you (the brain) think, the more mistakes you make......so how? confused confused confused confused confused

I understand this type of phenomenon, I was once there too. As for me, my understanding of the golf swing is not there and every time I play golf, I wanted to improve my game, hence somehow I change my swing a bit at every game. As time goes by, my swing fundamentals all gone terrible and playing from bad to worst. Later I do some research then slowly get to understand more on the golf swing and also stabilized my swing.

In my opinion, understand the fundamentals of golf swing is very important. If you look at Tiger, he is still engaging swing coach whenever he is in tournament.

Hope this will helps. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
22tang
22tang

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:54 am

Trying to manage 8 games a month Razz
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 am

22tang wrote:
that what my old man is doing. I always wana tag along, kana rejected. Cos he plays with his own kakis. Sad
Back to top Go down
22tang
22tang

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:21 am

I have a regular weekend kakis at Kranji on Saturday.

During weekdays, I am open. Do you play weekday?

jazz_samz wrote:
22tang wrote:
that what my old man is doing. I always wana tag along, kana rejected. Cos he plays with his own kakis. Sad
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 am

22tang wrote:
I have a regular weekend kakis at Kranji on Saturday.

During weekdays, I am open. Do you play weekday?

I only play on weekdays, weekend very very very very very very very very rarely.....
Weekdays usually Wed to Fri... but due to work commitment, I hardly have time to plan ahead.... Thats why as a result, I played 2 times in a year from 2005 to 2009. So far 2010, Malacca trip would be my 2nd!!! YAYAYAY... Hope with 9 more months to 2011, I can hv more games under my belt...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you golf???   How often do you golf??? Empty

Back to top Go down

How often do you golf???
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next