W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:41 am

Based on a true event....the name have been changed to protected the innocent...

UL ball was on the apron about 20feet to the pin, Saltydog ball was behind the pin in bunker. Yap and JC marked their balls and waited by the apron for UL and SD. Like a Star @ heaven

UL chipped in with a 56 deg wedge and UL's ball it chip and roll towards the pin for a birdie putt......at the same time SD blasted his ball out of the 5 feet bunker deep, his ball flew and run towards UL rolling ball, hit UL ball out of line. SD than stop 10 feet away and later he make a bogey.

UL replace the ball 1 foot to pin (last known spot before being hit by SD ball) and made par. SD insisted it 2 foot away as from his position of sight, he felt his ball hit UL balls is much further than UL have marked.

It a match play where UL square it. SD very unhappy as it betting for Chengteng

Who is correct ??

Cool
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:03 am

In matchplay, the one with the ball furthest from the green has the right to go first. In this scenario, SD should play first. But since both players played the shot at the same time and the balls collided, SD can actually ask UL to replay his ball from the fringe. Of course the risk is that if UL holed out with his chip, then SD would have loss the hole.

If SD decides to continue play, then you guys should consult the other players as to the ball positions. If the other players were watching a SYT on the opposite fairway and didn't notice what had happened, and both SD and UL couldnt agree on a spot, then it is best for UL to replay the shot.

KP, tio boh?
Back to top Go down
rogoch
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
rogoch

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:37 pm

First and foremost, SD should not take his shot before UL since UL ball is further hence SD lost that hole for this fault. As for replacing the ball, neither player can establish the actual position hence in my opinion UL win that hole
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:27 pm

This is a very dicey situation, which somehow always happen to UL and no one else rabbit

Firstly, from the narration, this would come under Rule 19-5b (Ball in motion deflected or stopped - by another ball in motion), in which case, both balls shall be played as they laid. When UL replaced his ball, he had, in fact, moved or lifted his ball. He has breached Rule 18-2a or 20-1 (both rules are applicable), and incurred 1 penalty stroke. As UL did not correct the mistake, he lost the hole Sad
Why is this so? UL's ball was not at rest when SD's ball struck it...it was "rolling towards the hole"- that's why.

Sceondly, unless UL can prove that SD deliberately did what he did, there's really no recourse for UL. The situation favours SD. Since he was hitting from a bunker that is 5 ft deep, it was possible that he could not see what UL was doing.

The other 2 players could have prevented this had they asked SD to wait a little while.
Back to top Go down
rogoch
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
rogoch

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:31 pm

SD should confirm with UL who make the shot first even if his ball is in 5ft deep bunker and in any case, it should be very obvious SD ball is nearer, hence he should not get into that deep bunker upon UL takes his shot and mark the ball. My opinion remain SD loose the hole breaching the order of play ruling; what happened after is irrelevant
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:27 pm

rogoch wrote:
SD should confirm with UL who make the shot first even if his ball is in 5ft deep bunker and in any case, it should be very obvious SD ball is nearer, hence he should not get into that deep bunker upon UL takes his shot and mark the ball. My opinion remain SD loose the hole breaching the order of play ruling; what happened after is irrelevant

If a player plays out of turn, there is no penalty, but the opponent may require the player to cancel the stroke, and play, in correct order, a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (10-1c)

That UL did not cancel SD's stroke meant he allowed that stroke to count. And the fact remained that UL's ball was in motion when struck by SD's ball. So UL breached the rule mentioned when he moved or lifted his ball. Since he did not correct his mistake, he lost the hole.

However, if UL had cancel SD's stroke, then in equity, UL would also need to replay his stroke as his ball was not at rest when struck.

So you see, not knowing the Rules can cost you dear Very Happy

Last edited by kp on Wed May 25, 2011 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:35 pm

aiyah...just DQ both UL n SD......

Reason: just because they are UL n SD... W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition 16911
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:25 am

Seiko wrote:
aiyah...just DQ both UL n SD......

Reason: just because they are UL n SD... W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition 16911

W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition Gron199l

W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition 472247
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition   W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition Empty

Back to top Go down

W.I.M.P ? PART 80 - special edition
Page 1 of 1