HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Importance of grip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:54 am

With reference to the manner in which the golfer holds the club.

Opinions from esteemed members will be most appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:15 am

I started in 2003 with Vardon Grip than felt that interlocking grip is firmer. Maybe that why my games still in the 100's.... Shocked

Importance of grip Article-637-2
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:36 am

I prefer the overlapping Vardon. Less stressful on the fingers and more relaxing. Importance of grip 115995

http://eagleridge.clublink.ca/images/dynamic/getImage.gif?ID=2867181

Correct me if I am wrong but I think TW also uses interlocking Vardon grip. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

I started off using baseball grip on my first range at NSRCC with my ex-boss. He just gave a 7i to me and asked me to start hitting. Until today, I have no lessons on golf. Self-taught reading books, magazine and watching VCD. That's why game cannot improve after 17 (Dec) long years. Sad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:47 am

TDO wrote:
I started off using baseball grip on my first range at NSRCC with my ex-boss. He just gave a 7i to me and asked me to start hitting. Until today, I have no lessons on golf. Self-taught reading books, magazine and watching VCD. That's why game cannot improve after 17 (Dec) long years. Sad

We are very alike in this way bro....i too have no proper lesson cos i know if i get a coach to teach me, he will refund me after half an hour....you can see how bad i play on Tuesday. Even bro golfmad 1st time played with ask me...." ARE YOU THE UNCLE LAU OF RDG....YOU DON'T PLAY AND LOOK LIKE UL..." Importance of grip 267277

Back to the topic, interlocking is very popular, can see 90% of Pro used it. jocolor
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:00 am

No, no, no. I think the majority of Pros and amateurs use overlapping more (90%) including weekend hackers like me. Importance of grip 104547
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:02 am

Interlocking vardon grips are meant for people with smaller hands. Ladies use this grip a lot (I think). Any ladies here want to comment?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:09 am

I comment for Rabbit ( my Mrs for 22 years ) She love the baseball bat grip kekeke Cool
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:19 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I comment for Rabbit ( my Mrs for 22 years ) She love the baseball bat grip kekeke Cool

Baseball grip is easy on the hands. That's good. But hor, sometimes can look like this. Importance of grip 187888
Back to top Go down
Silver

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:26 am

How about grip pressure and exercises to strengthen the wrists?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:40 am

For grip pressure, I have been using the strength equivalent to when you are pressing the toothpaste when it is about to come out. It's recommended by the pros. We can strengthen the wrist by using a small 2 to 3 kg dumb bell. Rest your forearm on a flat surface and lift the hands up & down with the dumb bells both ways. That is, with the palm and back of the hands. I am not sure if it works for you but it works for me.

Plus to have stronger foundation, I exercise with dumb bell at least 3 times a week carrying 10lbs dumb bells on the arms and doing the squatting exercise with it. Anyway I am not sure if this is the correct method but it sure works for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Importance of grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Importance of grip   Importance of grip Empty

Back to top Go down

Importance of grip
Page 1 of 1