Uncle Lau
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Is this a right etiquette ? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Today my golf kakis and his wife played NSRCC 715am morning slot, they were early and on time. The other two match ball players were very late, so was told by the marshal to tee off as the other two ball match was not there.

When they reach their 1st shot, they heard shouting from the teebox as the other two player arrived and waving them to come back. My friend and his wife drove back and half way the man player teeoff and they saw the ball whizzed past them. The man said he is a golf pro and the lady some golf club committee person. Must WAIT for them to arrive !!!!! Mad

Is this a right etiquette ?

UL

scratch study
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:24 pm

frankly..... F@#$ them!!! If one can't be punctual, then he/she should not expect the whole world to wait for their arrival.... regardless of reason.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:44 am

Shame on them and bad manners for being late! Mad Mad Should let the Marshal handle them as this could ruin their game bcos of the altercation caused by those 2 Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:55 am

Bad manners and don't care about others safety... this is terrible. Should complain and let them tastes some humiliation. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:01 am

Best is come 30mins before tee time. We need to give ourselves some allowance for traffic delay or long queue at the counter.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:54 am

Shame on them! More shame since the guy is a golf pro n the lady is in the golf club committee. I expect them to uphold basis golf etiquette more than everyone else.

Did they apologize to your friend?
Back to top Go down
Limed
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Limed

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 am

Never be late, even for golf. Our school teacher always tells us. Simply manners. Teeing off with players at range is very dangerous, and can be ban from the club. Golf-pro and commitee members should not be late in any golf events, very bad etiquette.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 am

Yes i agreed with everyone about the two jokers etiquette ! sunny

According to my kakis, they just said one word sorry and kept to themselves for the rest of 18 holes....my kakis and his wife felt very bad and miserable for 18 holes....his wife wanted to quit golf because of this incident ! Sad

Thanks God i have not and hope will not meet this type of nasty characters !

Wink
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:48 am

Next time, if u encounter this kind of people in your flight u sld try to top ball, lost balls for every shots so that they get more frustrated than u. Then when they are infront of the fairway u purposely hit another shot to "warn" them, let them have a taste of their own medicine.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:51 am

Seiko wrote:
Next time, if u encounter this kind of people in your flight u sld try to top ball, lost balls for every shots so that they get more frustrated than u. Then when they are infront of the fairway u purposely hit another shot to "warn" them, let them have a taste of their own medicine.

Sorry bro....i won't do such things....because i am a Golfer and a Reddotgolfer !!!! cheers

But once the guy is in the showers, i will called my Geylang gangs to break his legs....Geylang gangs also play golf you know !!! drunken
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 am

no such thing ... 2 ball have no standing in time sheet.. the marshall is right in asking them to tee of first.. the late comers can join them on the next hole ... .
i suggest you write in to the committee for their investigations... whoever they are, they should follow rules... if they hit and the ball whizzes past you, then it is dangerous play ... if this happens at other premier clubs , i shudder to think what might be the consequences .... I remember ,even in SICC a VVIP was suspended when he hit the ball near to the flight in front..
Back to top Go down
VR
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
VR

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:09 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Seiko wrote:

Sorry bro....i won't do such things....because i am a Golfer and a Reddotgolfer !!!! cheers

But once the guy is in the showers, i will called my Geylang gangs to break his legs....Geylang gangs also play golf you know !!! drunken

Wah...Golf have really evolved.. Nowadays.. Ah Beng,
Ah Seng and the Pai Kia types also try to be 'cool'
and hopefully be seen on the Driving Range and Golf
Courses!! Sigh!...No wonder..There are noticeably lesser
crowd in Geylang.. notwhithstanding the constant police
raid on anti-vice activities...Perhaps in future the police
has to make their rounds at the Driving Range as well !!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:10 am

I agreed with you bro ! Is this a right etiquette ? 358550 I did ask my kakis to log a complain at NSRCC office, but he said he just choose to ignore this incident and will not renew NSRCC after 5 years....as he just bought Keppel for $25k.

Thanks for your support bro Lamts18 !
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 am

Bro Lamts18, how abt I was walking away from the putting green (Par 3) then one golfer from the flight behind teeoff and the ball fell into the water hazard which is about 20mtr from me?

Does this also consider as dangerous play?
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:27 am

Lamts18 wrote:
no such thing ... 2 ball have no standing in time sheet.. the marshall is right in asking them to tee of first.. the late comers can join them on the next hole ... .
i suggest you write in to the committee for their investigations... whoever they are, they should follow rules... if they hit and the ball whizzes past you, then it is dangerous play ... if this happens at other premier clubs , i shudder to think what might be the consequences .... I remember ,even in SICC a VVIP was suspended when he hit the ball near to the flight in front..

Fully agreed with Lamts18 on this issue. UL must asked his friends to lodge a official written complain to NSRCC committee for investigation with as much specific details as possible.

The first thing that the NSRCC taught during the rule of golf workshop was to avoid dangerous play at all time. In NSRCC, safe play overrides everything else. These 2 asshole regardless of their status who ignored safe play must be made to understand what is safe play by the disciplinary committee. NSRCC being a proprietary club owned by the relevant authority will not ignore such dangerous play even though the lady golfer is a committee member. This is unlike other member club where the officials of the club are the King...and do according to their liking.

Regardless of playing ability and appointment held in a club, safe play and golf etiquette are what differentiate the gentleman and idiot in golf.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:33 am

Seiko wrote:
Bro Lamts18, how abt I was walking away from the putting green (Par 3) then one golfer from the flight behind teeoff and the ball fell into the water hazard which is about 20mtr from me?

yes, this is still considered as a dangerous play compounded that they did not shout "Fore" .. its better to wait for the green to clear before hitting as we are all so accurate !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:34 am

Seiko wrote:

In NSRCC, the flight cannot tee off when the flight infront is walking towards their buggy. You can only tee off when the flight infront is out of sight. This is to avoid dangerous play should your ball hook/slice towards them.

In most JB and other local courses, this may not be the case. It all voice down to how strict the club wants to enforce safe play on its playing members.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:41 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I agreed with you bro ! Is this a right etiquette ? 358550 I did ask my kakis to log a complain at NSRCC office, but he said he just choose to ignore this incident and will not renew NSRCC after 5 years....as he just bought Keppel for $25k.

By keeping quiet will only make such people bolder as they got away with it thinking they are high & mighty and powerful... I encourage to speak to your friends again.
This is Singapore are the rules applies to everyone ...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
jaketang

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:52 am

Lamts18 wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

By keeping quiet will only make such people bolder as they got away with it thinking they are high & mighty and powerful... I encourage to speak to your friends again.

fully agree.....
i always believe safety comes b4 anything things else...

UL, yr fren really shld lodge the complaint.....
Back to top Go down
tigerkaks
tigerkaks

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:53 am

Most golf courses require players to arrive 15 minutes before the tee off. In fact a late arrival is considered a major flaw during handicap test and is liable to disqualify the players from the test
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:56 am

jaketang wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

fully agree.....
i always believe safety comes b4 anything things else...

UL, yr fren really shld lodge the complaint.....

Agreed with Bro jaketang & Bro Lamts18, regardless of their status, in NSRCC, safe play overrides everything else....Must lodge a report...You never know when someone else will be hit by a golf ball due to their reckless dangerous play.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 am

Thanks for sharing bros, will speak to my kakis again, actually my kakis some of you played with before, very quiet and humble guy.

Is this a right etiquette ? 358550
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:02 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Thanks for sharing bros, will speak to my kakis again, actually my kakis some of you played with before, very quiet and humble guy.

Is this a right etiquette ? 358550

You must let him know that lodging a complain on dangerous play is for the benefits of everyone else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 am

i am sure we have a lot of people here who can draft the letter ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:07 am

Lamts18 wrote:
i am sure we have a lot of people here who can draft the letter ... Very Happy

Maybe Bro Lamts18 can help to draft and let UL's friend fill in the date, time, place of incident. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a right etiquette ?   Is this a right etiquette ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a right etiquette ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next