Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort Empty
PostSubject: Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort   Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 am

I would like to share this useful information sent to me by a friend.

An encounter of what might have happened.

It may save your life or others around you also.(especially golfers!)

Don't laugh and do nothing... get out of the area immediately!!

Be aware when in such a situation.

I encountered such a situation in Singapore at Seletar Reservoir Park's Tower during 1988 excursion. When I led a group of Cedar girls visiting there, we climbed up to the top and viewed the stunning panoramic views of the waters
and its adjacent greenery. While we were taking photos, a girl pointed at me and said that Mdm Lim, your hairs are standing up, I looked at all girls, their hairs have the same situation. As a Science Teacher, I could sense an electrical static charge in the area, possibly due to the build up of an impending lightning strike and immediately instructed all to quickly go down asap. I was relieved only after all reached the ground safely and quickly went back by our chartered bus. I will never forget this incident!

In another case, during a tour in China, I encountered this incident at Huang Shan (Yellow Mt). While taking photos, I found that the subjects in the photos had their hair standing straight up. I felt it was strange but they also told me
that my hair was also standing up! Feeling uncomfortable, we quickly went
downhill. Immediately we heard the sound of thunder and then heavy rain...
If you see this phenomenon, quickly run for your lives!

A lady who was admiring the scenery at a nearby garden suddenly felt her hair stood on end; at that time the surrounding tourists found this amusing, and her brother took a photo of her. Five minutes after the brother and sister left, lightning struck, killing one person and injuring seven. If you meet with similar circumstances in future while outdoors, immediately leave the area and look for lower ground, to avoid a tragedy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: The fact that several people's hair were standing straight up indicates the presence of an electrical static charge in the area possibly due to the build up of an impending lightning strike.

So as soon as you see people's hair standing up, whether static charge or ghosts....run to other lower grounds, preferably not around tall trees, water pools or any place with metal fencing or poles. Do not hold any metals such as metal umbrella handles or walking sticks or worst golf clubs!

You might be strike by the lightning!
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
gezt_ho

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort   Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 am

Bro,

Some ppl put on caps when playing golf, how to know their hair will stand up when there is possiblity of static charge?

Question
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort   Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:10 pm

gezt_ho wrote:
Bro,

Some ppl put on caps when playing golf, how to know their hair will stand up when there is possiblity of static charge?

Question

It you get goose pimple..than take cover lor !!! or wear boxer shorts ! Idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort   Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort Empty

Back to top Go down

Beware the Lightning - Too Close Encounter For Comfort
Page 1 of 1