Uncle Lau
rocky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rocky
Committee
rocky

Very sad when I read this... Empty
PostSubject: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:04 am

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130131-399114.html

Sprawling golf courses could be put to better use, and the Government is looking at redeveloping some of them to support a growing population of up to 6.9 million by 2030.

There are now 18 golf courses here, which occupy about 1,500 hectares of land.

They are generally on a 30-year lease, and that many of them will expire from 2021 onwards.

The move is part of a wider Land Use Plan released by the Ministry of National Development on Tuesday which sets out how Singapore will cater to the population growth.

The government will free up land with low intensity uses such as golf courses, existing military training areas and farmland for redevelopment to optimise land use, it said.

Some golf courses that have their leases running out in the next decade includes Keppel, Tanah Merah, Seletar and Sentosa.

The other clubs are Singapore Island Country Club, Laguna National, Changi Golf Course, Orchid Country Club, NSRCC - Tanah Merah, Marina Bay Golf Course, Raffles Country Club, NSRCC - Kranji,

Warren Golf Club, Jurong Country Club, Executive Golf Course (Mandai), Sembawang Country Club, Green Fairways and Tanglin Golf Club.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:17 am

Very sad when I read this... Crying_Smiley_by_AjnosFTW
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:31 am

Can't imagine the situation where they tear down Green Fairways, Seletar, Keppel and Mandai... All those nice memories will be gone. Sigh...

Although Money Face Golf Club (MBGC) can go, for all I care.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:37 am

rocky wrote:
Can't imagine the situation where they tear down Green Fairways, Seletar, Keppel and Mandai... All those nice memories will be gone. Sigh...

for all you know, MBGC could stay forever .... why? check out who owns it...
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:38 am

SICC got 4 golf courses, 1 or 2 can go lor...
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 am

s-killer wrote:
rocky wrote:

for all you know, MBGC could stay forever .... why? check out who owns it...

NCI golf, which in turn is owned by NTUC. Yup, I am aware of that. But think about it - MBGC was a reclaimed land, and one can't just build high rised condominiums straight after reclaiming it. The sand and soil need a couple of years to settle in. So, while they wait, build golf course and rake the money in. To rake in more money, kill off the competition by closing off favourite haunts by claiming some reason like, "its too old" or "a golf range doesn't go with the theme of the park". The folks will just have no choice but to go to MBGC. Then with enough $$$, engage some half-past-6 developer (cheaper) to build high rised multi storeyed super giant ultra congested pigeon-holed SOHO apartments. Invite foreign investors to plough in their money, only for them to back out from the deal, thereby makan-ing the initial 10% to 20% deposit - that's easy money. Then jack up the price again, and do the same, this time to real buyers who can really afford. That's where all the rental will come in. Then build MRT, increase bus routes (now only 1 bus serves Tanjong Rhu), shopping centre, and there you have another Ang Mo Kio at Tanjong Rhu. From a measly 1000-2000 families to 10,000 families in the area. Just that little area called Tanjong Rhu!

Sounds do-able? Yeah, sure is. And all these influx of people will help fund the maintenance of the mega-air conditioned park that's sitting by the shores. And why does anyone need an air-conditioned garden in the first place? scratch

Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
SICC got 4 golf courses, 1 or 2 can go lor...

Why must they go???? Why should we make allowances and changes to accomodate people that don't belong here? It's like saying, now whole lot of you flat owners all vacate one room from your house. Got visitor from other place coming to stay in your house - long term.

Eh?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 am

When Rocky wants to run for opposition, I support you!!
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 am

Nay Nay... I'm not running for anybody. Like I always say, I'm born and bred Singaporean. A Singaporean is neither PAP, WP or whatever P. A Singaporean is a Singaporean.

But I agree with what old man Lee is saying about the 6.9m... I mean, the man is not buying the 6.9m nonsense that the others are talking about. And he has my support, I agree.

Just don't tear down any more golf courses, please! Golf courses are already so scarce here in SG, don't take them away!
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 am

rocky wrote:
Nay Nay... I'm not running for anybody. Like I always say, I'm born and bred Singaporean. A Singaporean is neither PAP, WP or whatever P. A Singaporean is a Singaporean.

But I agree with what old man Lee is saying about the 6.9m... I mean, the man is not buying the 6.9m nonsense that the others are talking about. And he has my support, I agree.

Just don't tear down any more golf courses, please! Golf courses are already so scarce here in SG, don't take them away!

Then tear down trees and forest? Tear down bunglows and terrace houses? haha...

Some place just got to go lah...

I think the best is buy JB from Malaysia. What a Face
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
ghkh

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
rocky wrote:

Then tear down trees and forest? Tear down bunglows and terrace houses? haha...

Some place just got to go lah...

I think the best is buy JB from Malaysia. What a Face

Yea....i agreed! Wink
Our gov filthy rich lor, so enough to buy e whole JB w change somemore and oso if Malaysia willing to sell! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:15 am

Okok! Stop arguing...I give way ok? Since 6.9m is coming...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very sad when I read this...   Very sad when I read this... Empty

Back to top Go down

Very sad when I read this...
Page 1 of 1