11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

Any feedback on Kindergolf??? Empty
PostSubject: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:52 am

Yo brothers and sisters, anyone brought their kids to Kindergolf before? Any feedback?

My boy, 3 yr old have been always keen to follow me to range etc.... I brought him once and he has been really keen to play...
At home, I have a putting mat and every weekend, I will play that with him and he thoroughly enjoys the quality time spent.
I just enquired today at Rider's Lodge at Turf City area, there was an outlet / branch there. Booked a trial to bring him there next Sunday at 1pm. See if he can concentrate and really have the desire to play or not.... kids being kids, they may not hold their interest for long... however, it seems.. yes seems like he does...

Anyone tried before?? Would appreciate some feedback..
Back to top Go down
esw
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
esw

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:10 pm

wah... by next month he can give me 3-3 liow
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Bro, I have sent my eldest son to kindergolf years back when he was 3 years old. Back then the charges was $190 per month, weekly session of 45 mins each. But the thing is....he won't go to course until he is 6-7 years old. That's to say he will be there putting and mat chipping until older.

If you calculate the fess, it is going to be $6500+. Then I decided to stop and let me play putting at home with me instead. He is 9 now and I just introduce golf to hm recently.

I think to start at 3 is too young. But you can keep his interest by playing putting with him.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks NG. Wow... They only do putting??? I thought it was more than that?!?

I am already playing putting with him at home. Ü
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:11 pm

JS, you can check with them on the training for age 3. Mine was 6 years ago.
Putting and mat chipping...

I remember they say kids below age 7 don't have the strength to do a full swing, it may injured them instead. Hence they won't bring them to course until they are stronger.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Oh.... They did mentioned abt first testing their concentration level, then putting and chipping. Not clearly stated. Ok I go ask tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:11 pm

yo, my son (3+) is learning with Ernst at Turf city too... been with him for 9 lessons or more liow, all indoor.

overall, he is very patient and okay. they got quite a steady progressive programme, from putting to chipping to half-swing to full (with plastic ball), before moving on to the real stuffs.

at such young age, cant really expect too much lah, unless you got a Tiger there (on the good sense pls). they not really learning golf swing yet, but more of learning to focus, follow instruction, growing interest in golf and most impt, have fun.

i wld say, take ernst's assessment with a pinch of salt lah. business is still business. think they still have some promo now, buy 9 got 3 lessons free type
Back to top Go down
ping_ping
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Hey, I've worked at Kindergolf part time before! Lemme know what u need to know then I'll share with u what I know k? Hopefully my info is useful ^^
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am

PP!!! Will appreciate yr inputs. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:45 am

Engage PP as your son personal coach lah!
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:49 am

Wow!!!! Good idea ah!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 am

Good idea too... my daughters would love it...
they too practise putting with me at home...
Back to top Go down
ping_ping
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:38 am

muahahaha~ I wished =) But lately i got doubt in myself when it comes to teaching.

I love teaching kids though. They pick things up so fast. And if they are really interested, you can see them mastering the swing much easier than the adults.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 am

My boy takes after me... can pay attention if the teacher is pretty... WAHAHAHAHAHAA
Back to top Go down
A4checkmate
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
A4checkmate

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 am

jazz_samz wrote:
Yo brothers and sisters, anyone brought their kids to Kindergolf before? Any feedback?

My boy, 3 yr old have been always keen to follow me to range etc.... I brought him once and he has been really keen to play...
At home, I have a putting mat and every weekend, I will play that with him and he thoroughly enjoys the quality time spent.
I just enquired today at Rider's Lodge at Turf City area, there was an outlet / branch there. Booked a trial to bring him there next Sunday at 1pm. See if he can concentrate and really have the desire to play or not.... kids being kids, they may not hold their interest for long... however, it seems.. yes seems like he does...

Anyone tried before?? Would appreciate some feedback..

I learn playing golf there 1 year ago. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:46 am

yeah forgot u only 12 years old.
Back to top Go down
A4checkmate
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
A4checkmate

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:47 am

JieJie wrote:
yeah forgot u only 12 years old.

You still remember.....
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:48 am

KNS..... A4... kay kay ah.....
Back to top Go down
ping_ping
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:51 am

jazz_samz wrote:
PP!!! Will appreciate yr inputs. Thanks!!

JS, just sent u an email =)
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:49 am

Replied yr email. Any feedback on Kindergolf??? 16911
Back to top Go down
ping_ping
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:12 am

Replied to your reply. Hmmmm.... Anyways, I think that if you guys are thinking of sending your kids to Kindergolf at Turf City, it'll be a good choice.

I've worked with Ernest for awhile and I feel that he is a good teacher.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 am

Orh... Will read later. Having lunch now.
My trial is on this Sunday. Let's see how
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 am

I put my daugther for kindergolf for one whole year.
she was about 3 years plus when she started and stopped bout 4 years plus.

yes, not cheap. But if you think Kindergolf as any weekend enrichment classes like Julia Gabriel, Kindermusic, Lorna Whiston, Growing Up Gifted, Shichida method etc. then it seemed reasonable.

they have activity book to do colouring and simple activities e.g. circle the correct picture. In terms of golf, they teach the kids all types of equipment, so they know what is a putter, what is a wedge, an iron a wood

Golf swing... mainly chipping and putting. They have mini competition between the kids. Older kids or more accomplished ones go to Par 3 course

overall, good experience for my daughter. I stopped her cos I wanted her to focus on other aspects of enrichment. If your kid is bored of other enrichment classes, why not try KinderGolf. It will not make your kid into Tiger Woods (in the good way of course!) but it is something different.

good or bad, you judge yourself as parent loh... see if your kid enjoys the trial class. we went for trial and signed up after that.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:43 am

But the question is: is it really too young for them to start at 3?
Back to top Go down
ping_ping
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 am

Seiko wrote:
But the question is: is it really too young for them to start at 3?

I think it'll be a bit too young. Because it'll be difficult for them to focus for the full 45 min. And some of them might not have enough strength to lift up the clubs.

But maybe some kids are really talented to be the next tiger woods, then they can start at 3 ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any feedback on Kindergolf???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next