11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 am

I must say that age below 7 is too young to go to these classes. Get them interested and play at home is equally good because they cannot do full swing. Whether they are good or not will be after they do their full swing.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 am

True true... I hear I hear. Will let him try out on trial and see how that goes
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:56 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
I must say that age below 7 is too young to go to these classes. Get them interested and play at home is equally good because they cannot do full swing. Whether they are good or not will be after they do their full swing.

Just my opinion.

This is what I think also! My two little one also said that they are very interested to go range with me. But knowing their characters, I felt that it's better to wait until they are at least 7 yr old n above then bring them along to test their real interest.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:11 am

Seiko wrote:

This is what I think also! My two little one also said that they are very interested to go range with me. But knowing their characters, I felt that it's better to wait until they are at least 7 yr old n above then bring them along to test their real interest.

I am training their putting skills on the mat and sometimes go to the practice putting green for some mini game(challenge). They seems to enjoy and like the challenge very much. The best is keep their interests high and make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 am

if you compare my analagy earlier on Kindergolf to other type of enrichment classes... i think you catch the drift.
It is like saying going to KinderMuzik will turn them into musician. none of us will expect that.

but we still send kids to Kindermuzik because we want them to learn melody and rhythm thru playing and singing.

similarly, kinderGolf is there as a structured set up for kids to learn hand-eye coordination, some basic chipping and putting strokes, some level of competition between kids and simple golf rules (e.g. do not tee the ball after the tee markers).

if as parent I can spend 45 mins dedicated with my kids without distraction, i can save the money too... problem is... I can't! If you can.... then DIY also can!

I sent my daugther there without any false expectations or misconception.
I will send my daughter for proper golf classes after 7 years old. But while she was there at KinderGolf, i can see clearly she enjoyed every session!
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:48 am

bro Pocketace, I oso send my kids to JG, KM and initially 3 wks of Shinchida...
My boy truely enjoyed JG and he had fun (6mth to 3yrs)... I've also witness how he grew in confidence and improve his speech thru JG... I've dropped KM after 1 term and Shinchida after 3 wks... it didn't work out..
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:55 am

this enrichment class thingy is a bit if trial and error for us being parents... trying to do the 'right thing' and what is 'best' for our kids

the kids good life ah... when I was a kid, i only play with my neighbourhood kids... catch spider, play marbles... catching, police and thief....

i bet most of us in this forum too....
Back to top Go down
ping_ping
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:57 am

I think the trial lesson will be good. From there, you can really see if your kids are interested and see if they are comfortable with the instructors. It's a good way to start.

When i was a kid... I played lego and barbie dolls and plaster clay ^^ Much fun. Then golf! hehe ^^
Back to top Go down
JieJie
Committee
JieJie

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 am

when i was 5 my mum say learn piano very good... i say yeah i try i try... didn't realise i sign up for a 10 yr obligation....so glad when it was all over...i got such dedicated and passionate teacher that she dun let me go after my usual 45min lesson.. and make me stay back at least 3 - 4hrs every sat...not to mention the daily practice (or i pretended i have practiced)... aiyo... nightmare.. pale especially come exam time when i have to face the ang moh examiner in the extremely cold room... fingers all stiff...

glad that the parents nowadays more open with their children's interests...
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 pm

JieJie wrote:
when i was 5 my mum say learn piano very good... i say yeah i try i try... didn't realise i sign up for a 10 yr obligation....so glad when it was all over...i got such dedicated and passionate teacher that she dun let me go after my usual 45min lesson.. and make me stay back at least 3 - 4hrs every sat...not to mention the daily practice (or i pretended i have practiced)... aiyo... nightmare.. pale especially come exam time when i have to face the ang moh examiner in the extremely cold room... fingers all stiff...

glad that the parents nowadays more open with their children's interests...

Jie Jie, when you free to perform for RDG... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:59 pm

jJ. But u can do it mah.... Not many can leh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any feedback on Kindergolf???   Any feedback on Kindergolf??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any feedback on Kindergolf???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2