EastWood
moi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
moi
Committee
moi

Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) Empty
PostSubject: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:47 am

I had a bad habit. I like to position all my ball at the center of my feet. For 5iron, i only place it 1/2 ball left. The problem with low trajectory is when playing dry ground(eg.Malaysia courses), the ball juz kept on rowing forward.

60 - center
56 - center
52 - center
Pitch - center
9 iron - center
8 iron - center
7 iron - center
6 iron - center
5 iron - half ball left
hybrid - half ball left
Driver - Left inner foot
Back to top Go down
EastWood
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
EastWood

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:09 am

According to Jack Nicklaus , "I play every standard shot with the ball in the same position relative to my feet. That position is opposite my left heel."
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 5:10 am

z101 wrote:
According to Jack Nicklaus , "I play every standard shot with the ball in the same position relative to my feet. That position is opposite my left heel."

i also read from Tom Watson that his ball position is the same for every clubs which is opposite left heel except that he close or wider his stance.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:47 am

The position opposite the left heel is exactly the position where the lowest point of the arc is. Therefore, it is the most optimum ball position. A wider stance causes a bigger swing arc. Conversely, a narrower stance constitutes a smaller, steeper swing arc.

I used to move the ball from centre to forward of centre as I move up my irons. But I don't do that anymore. It's far too confusing. Ball position is one variable I seldom change. But that may be the reason why I'm a PRO... BLEM golfer.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:14 am

While In theory, the Tom Watson approach makes sense and my teaching pro also advocate it, I find it hard to place the ball fwd in my stance for short clubs like pw, sw, 9i
felt like will top it, worse is to hook it!
It's probably me...
Back to top Go down
shotah
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:25 am

It all depends on how you setup. Just make sure that wherever you place your ball, your club face is not delofted, neither it has added loft. One example is Right side swing. WHy they put the ball more forward in their stance? That is because if they were to place it dead center, the club face will be delofted or close.
Back to top Go down
Yamaha
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Yamaha

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:42 am

Place at your most comfortable position. Everyone swing differently. Is not a must to place at where they said. Can only take it as reference.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:26 am

Yamaha, Shotah.. thanks... you guys say it like a seasoned pro... steady lah!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:52 pm

I see the ball and just whacked it ! cyclops
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
jazz_samz

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 5:17 pm

I see the ball, I see the hole, I stroke my putter. Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) 16911
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)   Low Trajectory (mid-long iron) Empty

Back to top Go down

Low Trajectory (mid-long iron)
Page 1 of 1