Steffan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

The 19 Hole recommendation Empty
PostSubject: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:10 am

Hi all,
Thought of starting this thread to share with fellow golfers about the places that serve decent and ok food which so far i enjoy alot after my golf game...

Legend CC (Kulai, Johor)
famous Shi Hwa Ba Ku Tay located in Kulai town which operate from morning to mid noon. If you are travelling down from Legend towards town, upon pasting two traffic lights(from toll junction onwards). About 100m right turn into a scretch of shop houses, it located beside a corner lot coffee shop.
Bittergourd soup. This is located along a new shop lots just not far from Tesco hypermarket. When you arrived at the traffic light which left turn is leading you to Legend CC. (while right turn is to Kulai town.) Pay attention as this shop lots are situated along the higher scretch on your left after the traffic turn.

Pulai Spring CC (Skudai)
Great Curry fish head located beside Taman University Bus terminal. This place is near to the country club. After you exit from the guard house, right turn will lead you to Taman University town. At the end of the route, right turn and you will appoarch a traffic light. Next traffic light turn right, and pay attention on your left side of the shop lots which you can spot Maybank at the entrance of the turn. The next left turn enter and will bring you to the bus terminal. While the terminal is on your right, the second alley on the left is the location of the curry fish head store. It has a big red banner on the shop lot.
Back to top Go down
VR
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
VR

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks Steffan...Great food not to be missed!!..Have tried
the Fish Head curry at the shop recommended by Steffan..
Damn good!! also must try the Ginger Kampung Chicken.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks steffan for sharing...yes the taman university food is special !!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Where is this place? I need a better description! Name? I know where you are talking about but don't know what or how the store looks like!

Steffan wrote:

Legend CC (Kulai, Johor)
famous Shi Hwa Ba Ku Tay located in Kulai town which operate from morning to mid noon. If you are travelling down from Legend towards town, upon pasting two traffic lights(from toll junction onwards). About 100m right turn into a scretch of shop houses, it located beside a corner lot coffee shop.
Bittergourd soup. This is located along a new shop lots just not far from Tesco hypermarket. When you arrived at the traffic light which left turn is leading you to Legend CC. (while right turn is to Kulai town.) Pay attention as this shop lots are situated along the higher scretch on your left after the traffic turn.

Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:10 am

Sabona/ Desaru CC(Kota Tingi)
Chang Kee bak ku teh. You may want to check out this outshirt Ba ku The n their pepper soup along the main road to Mersing. You will pass the traffic light which leads you to Desaru golf course(right turn to desaru). Along this main road for about 20minutes drive, side milage reading "275km to Kuantan" this store is located on your right. They operate from 730am to noon. They also accept call booking 0197479416 to avoid disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:14 am

rocky wrote:
Where is this place? I need a better description! Name? I know where you are talking about but don't know what or how the store looks like!

Steffan wrote:

Legend CC (Kulai, Johor)

Which place u keen Rocky? I can update a clearer description to u.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:06 pm

@Steffan: both, actually.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:16 am

Hmm..I will post up the address and contact in my next round when I am there.
rocky wrote:
@Steffan: both, actually.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:34 am

For fellow golfers who like seafood can try of this place: Kong Kee Seafood village which is located not far from Octville and Tanjung Putri CC. Address 23 Kg Teluk Jawa 81750 Masai Johor. Contact 0127090690 for assistance. This place use to be old jetty custom and have lots of fresh seafood. Apart of their restaurant, you can find several others serving great seafood too. Each has their own specialty so check it out the place. If u are travelling along Pasir Gudang towards Putri CC, exit Seri Alam exit on the left. Left turn and after the next two traffic lights, turn left. Straight ahead on your right you will spot a building "Masjid" and further up the next lane turn right. At the end of the road, left turn. You will find the seafood village not far on your right.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Ban Heong Seng Restaurant
34 B Jalan skudai Batu 3 1/4 Off Tahar
0167571887, 072375194

This restaurant that I will like to introduce is located near to Danga Bay. They serve Beggar Chicken, fish tail, melon soup, country fish and curry prawn are some of their specialty. Prior reservation is a must. As they run from their house, limited tables are available. If you are travelling down towards Danga bay, make a U turn. Which u will see Ford showroom. Towards the direction to singapoe, it is on the left lane right opp the street is Danga Festive Mall.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:19 am

The Curry fish head which mentioned here as Suet Seafood Restaurant located 11 Jalan Kebudayaan 15 Taman University. Tel 0167777861. Note after you pass Maybank(on your left), you will see two Shell petrol kiok. take the lane between the two kiok. As you see the Caltrex kiok ahead, turn left and follow by right turn. The restaurant is beside the alley of a Tyres shop.
Steffan wrote:
Hi all,
Thought of starting this thread to share with fellow golfers about the places that serve decent and ok food which so far i enjoy alot after my golf game...

Legend CC (Kulai, Johor)

Pulai Spring CC (Skudai)
Great Curry fish head located beside Taman University Bus terminal. This place is near to the country club. After you exit from the guard house, right turn will lead you to Taman University town. At the end of the route, right turn and you will appoarch a traffic light. Next traffic light turn right, and pay attention on your left side of the shop lots which you can spot Maybank at the entrance of the turn. The next left turn enter and will bring you to the bus terminal. While the terminal is on your right, the second alley on the left is the location of the curry fish head store. It has a big red banner on the shop lot.
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Hello alll...

I am hungry reading this thread......

I miss golf..... no game for long time liao.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Hello alll...

I am hungry reading this thread......

I miss golf..... no game for long time liao.

Join us 24/5 Legend or you post up a new Kukup thread, Saltydog waiting for you leh ! drunken
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:56 am

This place I like to share is Skudai Duck Noodle @ 31 Jalan Emas Putih 2, Skudai Johor. Is another common place for lunch or dinner after a game in Pulai. They serve great duck and kway Tway aka glass noodle. If take away is available grab their duck neck and wings which usually goes fast. You can locate the place along Skudai road to Pulai. After you pass MBJBT building on your left, you will need to keep to your left lane. The moment you pass Skudai Parade as the landmark on your right side, enter into the left lane just before the Shell petrol Kiok. At the end of the road just behind shell kiok, turn right. Follow the route and you can see this corner stall right after xin meng restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:19 am

This place I introduce this week is in Skudai, not far from Nusa bestari. Restaurant Tong address as 41 Jalan Hang Lekir 10 Taman Skudai Baru Tel: 075585367. Apart of their anchor Ba Ku Teh, they also serve steam fish and kapong chicken. Braise pork knuckle,
Is also great here. If you are around Impian, starhill CC, moving over here will be much easy. Travel towards Tun Aiminah, drive all the way down where you see Skudai Villia apartment. Is located behind the alley.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 am

Check out this seafood place serving authentic local food. Famous of fresh seafood and crab.
http://www.rest-todak.com.my/index.html
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Established Member
Established Member
Steffan

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 am

This week to intro is local popularized Bao Yu glass noodle. Located at no 143 Tun Aminah Skudai serve decent abalone with pig liver, kidney, oyster, etc. Operate from morning to late afternoon is just facing opposite Shell pertol kiok.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:06 am

Bro, like that cannot lei! U intro so many places but nvr bring me there... Sad
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:12 am

Seiko, this Kukup trip, he can bring you wherever you want...
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:21 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Seiko, this Kukup trip, he can bring you wherever you want...

Bro NG, u joining us at Kukup?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:27 am

Not sure leh, 54 holes very tiring...
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:28 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Not sure leh, 54 holes very tiring...

No lah! I will see how after 18holes 1st...if weather gd then continue for another 9..if not then we go for massage? swee bo?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:33 am

Will let you know when it is closer...ok?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 19 Hole recommendation   The 19 Hole recommendation Empty

Back to top Go down

The 19 Hole recommendation
Page 1 of 1