AuthorMessage
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P? PART 53   W.I.M.P? PART 53 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:24 am

QUESTION:
Uncle Lau puts everything into his final drive on the 18th hole and as a result overbalances and kicks over one of the tee-markers. After dusting himself down Saltydog tells him that he has incurred a penalty for moving a fixed tee-marker. True or False?
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 53   W.I.M.P? PART 53 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 am

Tee markers are fixed when playing the first stroke from the teeing ground. Thereafter they become obstructions.

If the tee markers are kicked, whether intentional or not, they should be replaced, and there's no penalty.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 53   W.I.M.P? PART 53 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:45 am

I ever saw a golfer, after hitting his golf ball, whack the tee box as well to 30 metres..!!
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 53   W.I.M.P? PART 53 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:34 am

ANSWER:
False. Decision 11-2/2.
There is no penalty for accidentally moving the tee-marker, which should be replaced.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 53   W.I.M.P? PART 53 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:33 pm

Neutralgolfer wrote:
I ever saw a golfer, after hitting his golf ball, whack the tee box as well to 30 metres..!!

That guy must go for Anger management treatment lor ! He is dangering himself and his playing partners ! 8)

Thanks KP for his insight on Golf Ruling.... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
salty dog

W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 53   W.I.M.P? PART 53 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:24 pm

Seiko wrote:
QUESTION:
Uncle Lau puts everything into his final drive on the 18th hole and as a result overbalances and kicks over one of the tee-markers. After dusting himself down Saltydog tells him that he has incurred a penalty for moving a fixed tee-marker. True or False?

Hey, i'm smarter than to ask for a penalty stroke from UL. At most i will ask him to hand over all his catch (golf balls) of the day to me.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 53   W.I.M.P? PART 53 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:33 pm

salty dog wrote:
Seiko wrote:
QUESTION:

Hey, i'm smarter than to ask for a penalty stroke from UL. At most i will ask him to hand over all his catch (golf balls) of the day to me.

Please lah...the real UL will not fall even he did a 21/2 turn with his left foot ! W.I.M.P? PART 53 16911
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 53   W.I.M.P? PART 53 Empty

Back to top Go down

W.I.M.P? PART 53
Page 1 of 1