18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yamaha
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Yamaha

Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee Empty
PostSubject: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:55 am

Guys,

There is this petition going on. We are appealing via email to the Minister and MOS to intervene. Please join in and provide support. The more the merrier. Use your real name and membership number for authenticity. You can cut and paste the email below to sent out. Their email add are also in the letter. Help to spread to more friends..

Dr Ng Eng Hen (ng_eng_hen@mindef.gov.sg)

Mr Lawrence Wong (lawrence_wong@mindef.gov.sg)

Exorbitant Increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee

Dear Sirs,

I am a member of National Service Resort and Country Club (NSRCC). NSRCC was set up with the noble intention of providing NSmen, who had contributed to Total Defence, a place where they can enjoy and relax with their families and friends. The fees was supposed to be affordable and competitive as a privilege for NSmen.

Recently, we were notified by the management that the fees will be increased. The intention was to keep the club financially viable. Some increases are:

Ordinary member : $25 to $40 (60% increase!)

Associate member : $30 to $45 (50% increase!)

Buggy Fee : $18 to $22 (22% increase!)

On top of that, green fee and buggy fee will also be increased. 50% and 60% increase in fees is really exorbitant by any standards. Based on estimates, subscription fees increase will enrich the coffer by $2.88 m and increase in buggy and green fee will contribute another $1.8m. All these to justify an increase of $200,000 for irrigation.

I feel that NSRCC has deviated from its primary mission. It has become a profit driven organization rather than an affordable place for NSmen to enjoy. A simple calculation will show that over a period of 5 years, other country clubs are more affordable. We do not see any advantage of joining NSRCC with all this increase in fees.

We also hope the management can be more transparent. Financial reports should be made available to members. Quantum of the increase should be justified. Benchmarking against similar clubs should be made. Memberships, subscription fees and golfing fees should be made affordable and competitive to NSmen.

I hope Dr Ng and Mr Wong can intervene on our behalf.

Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Name :

Membership No :

Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:05 am

Bro Yamaha, thanks for the effort!

frankly speaking, does it really helps?

Since when these millionaires minister say no to price increase except for low wages workers?

do u see them standing up for those SMRT bus drivers when 5 days become 6 days work?

do u see them standing up for normal citizens when SMRT & SBS bus wants to increase price despite overcrowding n record profits?

do u see them standing up for us when new HDB flats are overprice?

sadly, we are living in this "modern society" where we are being held to ransom...nothing we can do Crying or Very sad

2 cents worth of thought....
Back to top Go down
Yamaha
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Yamaha

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:27 am

You never try you never know.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:29 am

Bro Yamaha,

Thanks for the heads-up ... I will do my part and hope for the best.

There is also another petition going on, if you can join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/381198981915221/

They are planning for a silent/peaceful demonstration this coming sunday, unfortunately i am not able to join in ...

please show your support if possible Smile
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:45 am

Bro YAMAHA,i already send to them,thanks.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:50 am

Sent!
Back to top Go down
Yamaha
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Yamaha

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:07 am

Yes, I know about the Sun event, I will be there if I can. actually they ask me to print head band to tie on their head, but after meeting they think that head band may symbol in gang fight or riot Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy so they chicken out. I think they print sticker and stick on their head.
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:17 am

Yamaha wrote:
Yes, I know about the Sun event, I will be there if I can. actually they ask me to print head band to tie on their head, but after meeting they think that head band may symbol in gang fight or riot Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy so they chicken out. I think they print sticker and stick on their head.
Wat happen this Sunday and wat event?keen to share...
Back to top Go down
Yamaha
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
Yamaha

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:24 am

Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:28 am

sent!
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:44 am

Guyz,give some support...waste not more then 2 min to do it...
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:52 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:39 am

I think as long as there are supporters of the price increase, nothing much can be done about it. But then again as this is a proprietary club, members have no voting rights and say in what the management chooses to do.Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:10 am

Pray and pray.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:15 am

All members should just sign the petition... but sigh... well, that's life..
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:39 am

Already sent though I know that the petition is quite useless as pointed out by Seiko.

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:43 am

Seiko wrote:
Bro Yamaha, thanks for the effort!

frankly speaking, does it really helps?

Since when these millionaires minister say no to price increase except for low wages workers?

do u see them standing up for those SMRT bus drivers when 5 days become 6 days work?

do u see them standing up for normal citizens when SMRT & SBS bus wants to increase price despite overcrowding n record profits?

do u see them standing up for us when new HDB flats are overprice?

sadly, we are living in this "modern society" where we are being held to ransom...nothing we can do Crying or Very sad

2 cents worth of thought....

This is definitely not $0.02...
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
bro_edi

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:24 am

Support given..email sent !
Lets pray all is well soon !
Back to top Go down
GolfMan
Committee
GolfMan

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:53 am

Me too sent liao.......
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:51 am

Supported and Sent!
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Good effort, i am surprised that the other forum locked the thread?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:35 am

I am not entirely surprised at all. I think they are a bit too conservative. There may be some Government-linked people in there so they have to thread it carefully.

We are living in a modern society. Even the joke I posted titled "Oral Sex" was removed without my knowledge. What's the problem with using a simple XXXX word in a joke when some members there use it all the time. But again, it's entirely at their discretion since the forum belongs to them. That's why I am less active there nowadays.

Oh well! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Golfernam

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:02 am

TDO,there only can go market place...
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Daffu

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:05 am

Thats why I love RDG. Coz its free and transparent. The committee here are the best...

Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee 192200
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:09 am

Daffu wrote:
Thats why I love RDG. Coz its free and transparent. The committee here are the best...

Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee 192200

Did someone looking for me ???

I also send in my concerns... Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee   Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee Empty

Back to top Go down

Exorbitant increase in NSRCC Monthly Subscription Fee and Golfing Fee
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next