AuthorMessage
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 am

QUESTION:
Which action may a player take when his ball lies in a water hazard, but is not in the water?

A) Remove a rock lying in front of his ball.

B) Place a spare club that he brought into the hazard on the ground in the hazard while he plays his stroke.

C) Ground his club behind the ball when taking his stance.

D) Clean his club in the water before making his stroke.
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Ironman

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 am

This is a tricky one. A I understand we not suppose to remove anything in a hazard or ground our club ( just like any bunker )

A) + C) + D) .... NO

B) ... YES ?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:06 am

Answer A, if the ball is in the water hazard and it not water but behind the red line, he can remove the stone but his club cannot ground it. He than proceed to take his stroke. No penalty. study

New rules like in the bunker, if there are pebbe or stone in the bunker, we can removed it as it will hit our face or body when we swing thru. But club cannot ground the sand.

W.I.M.P? PART 71 288898
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Answer A, if the ball is in the water hazard and it not water but behind the red line, he can remove the stone but his club cannot ground it. He than proceed to take his stroke. No penalty. study

New rules like in the bunker, if there are pebbe or stone in the bunker, we can removed it as it will hit our face or body when we swing thru. But club cannot ground the sand.

W.I.M.P? PART 71 288898

UL, may I know which new rule is this Question
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:59 am

Loose Impediments and Movable Obstructions (Rules 23-1 and 24-1)
By Barry Rhodes
rules@barryrhodes.com

It seems that many golfers are confused as to whether objects on the course are loose impediments or movable obstructions. This is an important distinction to make, as there are a number of relevant Rules where players could incur penalties if they get it wrong.

In fact, in most cases, the distinction should be easy enough. Loose Impediments are natural objects and movable obstructions are anything artificial that can be moved without unreasonable effort. Here is a sample list of some of the items that may be encountered on the golf course during a round

Be aware, that under the Rules sand and loose soil are loose impediments on the putting green, but not elsewhere; snow and natural ice, other than frost, are either casual water or loose impediments, at the option of the player; and dew and frost are not loose impediments.

Some loose impediments may be transformed into obstructions through processes of construction or manufacturing. For example, a log (loose impediment) that has been split and has legs attached has been changed by construction into a bench (obstruction), or a piece of wood (loose impediment) becomes an obstruction when manufactured into a charcoal briquette. Also, there may be loose impediments that when placed together make up an obstruction. An example of this would be a manufactured path (immovable obstruction) made of wood chips. If a player’s ball lies on such a path and he chooses not to take relief then he may move any of the wood chips before making his stroke, providing that he does not move his ball in doing so,

Except when both the loose impediment and the ball lie in, or touch, the same bunker or water hazard, any loose impediment may be moved. But if the player causes their ball to move while removing the loose impediment, they are penalised one stroke and the ball must be replaced, unless the ball is on the putting green when there is no penalty.

Movable obstructions can be removed anywhere on the course, including when the ball lies in a hazard, and there is no penalty if the ball moves during the removal, but again it must be replaced where it was before it was moved. If the ball lies in or on the obstruction, the ball may be lifted and the obstruction removed. The ball must then be dropped, or on the putting green placed, as near as possible to the spot directly under the place where the ball lay in or on the obstruction, not nearer the hole.

As already mentioned, if a player’s ball lies in a bunker they are not permitted to remove any loose impediment from that bunker. However, very often there will be a Local Rule that says, “Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions”, because it is considered that the stones could represent a danger to players if they are hit during a stroke. This is a good illustration of why it is so important to read the Local Rules before commencing a round on an unfamiliar course. Whilst on the subject of bunkers, if a player cannot find their ball in a bunker because it is covered by sand, leaves or other loose impediments, they are permitted to probe or rake with a club or otherwise, as many loose impediments, or as much sand, as will enable them to see a part of their ball. When making a stroke out of a bunker, or water hazard, the player may not touch any loose impediment in that hazard before making their stroke, which commences with the downswing. So, for example, if a player brushes leaves in a bunker during their practice stroke or backswing they incur a penalty of two strokes in stroke play, or loss of hole in match play.
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Thank you UL.

As you have highlighted in your reply, it said "very often there will be a Local Rule ......." So, in accordance with the Rules of Golf, one cannot remove any loose impediments that is lying in the hazard, unless there's a local rule the permits (Rule 13-4 : Ball in hazard; Prohibited actions).

Usually such a local rule (usually only applies to bunkers) exist if the bunkers are full of small stones (maybe because the club cannot afford high grade sand), and may thus pose a danger to golfers. Therefore, it will be more of an exception than norm.

If there's no local rule, the player must decide which takes priority, his safety or his golf stroke.

So, the answer is not A. Let's wait for the correct answer to be revealed Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for pointing out the rules bro KP....yes we must always read the local rules. But in this case i would go for my safety and buy chengteng hehe pirat
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks Bro kp for the detail explanation.

Now, I'm also waiting for the answer. My guess is none of the above. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:04 am

ANSWER:

B) Place a spare club that he brought into the hazard on the ground in the hazard while he plays a stroke. Exception 1b to Rule 13-4.

Providing he does not test the condition of the hazard or improves his lie, there is no penalty if the player places his clubs in hazard.

Rule 13-4. Ball in Hazard; Prohibited Actions

Except as provided in the Rules, before making a stroke at a ball that is in a hazard (whether a bunker or a water hazard) or that, having been lifted from a hazard, may be dropped or placed in the hazard, the player must not:

a. Test the condition of the hazard or any similar hazard;

b. Touch the ground in the hazard or water in the water hazard with his hand or a club; or

c. Touch or move a loose impediment lying in or touching the hazard.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 am

Thanks Seiko... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:36 am

Knowing the rules should also know the penalties. Except for answer B, all the other actions carry a 2 stroke penalty.

Know the rules can save you $$ and in some cases chengtengs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:44 am

kp wrote:
Knowing the rules should also know the penalties. Except for answer B, all the other actions carry a 2 stroke penalty.

Know the rules can save you $$ and in some cases chengtengs Very Happy
curious to know. y we cannot wash the club b4 making the stroke?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:56 am

You can wash but not when your ball is in the hazard...becos when your ball is in the hazard, your club is not suppose to touch the hazard...

Wash when your ball is not in the water hazard, ok? W.I.M.P? PART 71 472247
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
You can wash but not when your ball is in the hazard...becos when your ball is in the hazard, your club is not suppose to touch the hazard...

how abt picking balls in the hazard when your ball is in the hazard? *targetting at UL* W.I.M.P? PART 71 294729
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:01 am

Seiko wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:

how abt picking balls in the hazard when your ball is in the hazard? *targetting at UL* W.I.M.P? PART 71 294729

As long as he add the penalties....for UL one ball one penalty.... clown
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 5:21 am

so if there are one more pool of water on the fairway, player can then wash the club with that pool of water before proceeding to hit the ball in hazard?

this way no penalty?
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Ironman

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:55 am

Bro Seiko,

Does it mean that my answer " correct or not" ? Correct, got prize ? Incorrect, thanks for the teaching .... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 am

Ironman wrote:
Bro Seiko,

Does it mean that my answer " correct or not" ? Correct, got prize ? Incorrect, thanks for the teaching .... Very Happy

Bro, your answer is absolutely correct! but no prize....Sorry! Laughing

I don't have the ability to teach here...I just "Copy and Paste"!!
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Ironman

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:28 am

Thanks .. I just need "one" of those in your avatar .. will do.

I am looking forward for more rule questions from you .. It does help me to learn from everybody. Thx
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:51 am

Ironman wrote:

I am looking forward for more rule questions from you .. It does help me to learn from everybody. Thx

does Ironman apply only to certain part of your body? Suspect
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 am

Seiko wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Later he ask you whether you want to try to find out or not.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 am

swing2sky wrote:
Seiko wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Later he ask you whether you want to try to find out or not.. Very Happy

he only want to try on my avatar!
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
Ironman

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 am

What a Face Very Happy Very Happy

Hi guy, sorry to be off topic here. However, you may like to know there is a type of coffee over in Indonesia work like the "blue pills" but it is not as strong but it still gave a smooth feeling ... Now, do not ask .. Yes, I did try it ..
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
s-killer

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 am

Ironman wrote:

Hi guy, sorry to be off topic here. However, you may like to know there is a type of coffee over in Indonesia work like the "blue pills" but it is not as strong but it still gave a smooth feeling ... Now, do not ask .. Yes, I did try it ..

what's the name of that coffee? No, its not for myself ... i am helping other bros ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:10 am

s-killer wrote:
Ironman wrote:

what's the name of that coffee? No, its not for myself ... i am helping other bros ... Smile

Good try.....!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P? PART 71   W.I.M.P? PART 71 Empty

Back to top Go down

W.I.M.P? PART 71
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next