Uncle Lau
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Uncle Lau and Salty were having their weekly games.....while UL were getting ready to putt for par, someone opposite the green shout FORE, UL quickly drop his putter and cover his head. UL drop his putter and it hit the ball, the ball moves away from the original position. cyclops

A stray ball landed near the green, but no one was hurt. After the commotion, UL return the ball to its original position and make a par for that hole.

Should UL play from where the ball had roll and add one more stroke or play from the original position without penalty ???

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 16911
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 am

If you have ground your putter and the putter hit the ball when you dropped it, then it should be counted as a stroke and you should play where the ball last stopped.

If you have not ground the putter, then you can replace the ball back to the original position without penalty.

Tio boh?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 am

You say getting ready to putt means you must have made your stance. If that's the case you should have add one stroke for moving the ball and play from the new position, i.e. putting for bogey.

You can only blame the person who stray his ball.

But now you have moved the ball back to original position and putt out. There will be 2 strokes penalty for playing the ball at wrong place. If you did not rectify the mistake before teeing off from next tee, you will be DQ. If matchplay, you lost the hole.

Since this is not competition, chin chye lah....
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:27 am

Bro Neutral, in matchplay, that will be a loss of hole.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:03 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
You say getting ready to putt means you must have made your stance. If that's the case you should have add one stroke for moving the ball and play from the new position, i.e. putting for bogey.

But now you have moved the ball back to original position and putt out. There will be 2 strokes penalty for playing the ball at wrong place. If you did not rectify the mistake before teeing off from next tee, you will be DQ. If matchplay, you lost the hole.

Not only 'chin chin chye chye', UL plays golf by his own rules... lol!
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:07 am

swing2sky wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:

Not only 'chin chin chye chye', UL plays golf by his own rules... lol!

Ya, this I know... he only age 46 but he apply senior citizens rules too.... buay paiseh... lol!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:34 am

That why my nick is UNCLE LAU....forum as of now 13'348 posts...don't play play ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 am

On behalf of YC Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 am

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 300861 W.I.M.P ? PART 85 187888
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 am

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 974937
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
YC.Low

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:59 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
That why my nick is UNCLE LAU....forum as of now 13'348 posts...don't play play ! Very Happy

Another Sleep Sleep Sleep post
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:24 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Uncle Lau and Salty were having their weekly games.....while UL were getting ready to putt for par, someone opposite the green shout FORE, UL quickly drop his putter and cover his head. UL drop his putter and it hit the ball, the ball moves away from the original position. cyclops

A stray ball landed near the green, but no one was hurt. After the commotion, UL return the ball to its original position and make a par for that hole.

Should UL play from where the ball had roll and add one more stroke or play from the original position without penalty ???

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 16911
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
rocky

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:28 pm

wa kaoz... really ah? These things happen to you?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:37 pm

rocky wrote:
wa kaoz... really ah? These things happen to you?

Not me, but happen to someone, change name mah.....i where got go for par...double par maybe.... pale
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 16911

This situation is covered under Rule 18-2 (Ball at rest moved by player). The act of dropping the putter is not a stroke, so the ball must be replaced under 1 penalty stroke.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 am

Another words, "lan lan suck thumb".... Sad
Back to top Go down
JCase
JCase

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:12 am

I like.

So if i get double par can just count as par?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:41 am

JCase wrote:
I like.

Very Happy

You can write Birdie too !!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:44 am

kp wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 16911

This situation is covered under Rule 18-2 (Ball at rest moved by player). The act of dropping the putter is not a stroke, so the ball must be replaced under 1 penalty stroke.

Thanks KP ! Next time if such case happen to me...i would throw my putter away fast and cover my head.....errrrr BOss...what happen if my putter hit someone in the flight...will i be to blame ? If i kena sue...can i counter sue the golfer who stray the ball and nearer hit us ????

pig
Back to top Go down
JCase
JCase

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:01 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
JCase wrote:
I like.

Very Happy

You can write Birdie too !!! Mad

If no violent objectins then okie Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 am

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 974937
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
nutty88

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:23 am

18-2. By Player, Partner, Caddie or Equipment
• a. General
When a player’s ball is in play, if:

(i) the player, his partner or either of their caddies lifts or moves it, touches it purposely (except with a club in the act of addressing it) or causes it to move except as permitted by a Rule, or
(ii) equipment of the player or his partner causes the ball to move, the player incurs a penalty of one stroke. If the ball is moved, it must be replaced unless the movement of the ball occurs after the player has begun the stroke or the backward movement of the club for the stroke and the stroke is made.

Under the Rules there is no penalty if a player accidentally causes his ball to move in the following circumstances:

• In searching for a ball in a hazard covered by loose impediments or sand, for a ball in an abnormal ground condition or for a ball believed to be in water in a water hazard — Rule 12-1
• In repairing a hole plug or ball mark — Rule 16-1c
• In measuring — Rule 18-6
• In lifting a ball under a Rule — Rule 20-1
• In placing or replacing a ball under a Rule — Rule 20-3a
• In removing a loose impediment on the putting green — Rule 23-1
• In removing movable obstructions — Rule 24-1

• b. Ball Moving After Address
If a player’s ball in play moves after he has addressed it (other than as a result of a stroke), the player is deemed to have moved the ball and incurs a penalty of one stroke. The ball must be replaced unless the movement of the ball occurs after the player has begun the stroke or the backward movement of the club for the stroke and the stroke is made.

@kp, the key question is whether UL did address his putter before he dropped it. If he has addressed, then rightfully he should incur a penalty stroke when the ball moved.

This is the same scenario when playing in strong wind condition. Players usually will not ground the putter because they will incur penalty if the ball were to move.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 6:32 am

This is the same scenario when playing in strong wind condition. Players usually will not ground the putter because they will incur penalty if the ball were to move.

Good point you have there Nut !! Thanks for sharing... Cool
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 am

nutty88 wrote:
18-2. By Player, Partner, Caddie or Equipment
• a. General
When a player’s ball is in play, if:

(i) the player, his partner or either of their caddies lifts or moves it, touches it purposely (except with a club in the act of addressing it) or causes it to move except as permitted by a Rule, or
(ii) equipment of the player or his partner causes the ball to move, the player incurs a penalty of one stroke. If the ball is moved, it must be replaced unless the movement of the ball occurs after the player has begun the stroke or the backward movement of the club for the stroke and the stroke is made.

Under the Rules there is no penalty if a player accidentally causes his ball to move in the following circumstances:

• In searching for a ball in a hazard covered by loose impediments or sand, for a ball in an abnormal ground condition or for a ball believed to be in water in a water hazard — Rule 12-1
• In removing movable obstructions — Rule 24-1

• b. Ball Moving After Address
If a player’s ball in play moves after he has addressed it (other than as a result of a stroke), the player is deemed to have moved the ball and incurs a penalty of one stroke. The ball must be replaced unless the movement of the ball occurs after the player has begun the stroke or the backward movement of the club for the stroke and the stroke is made.

@kp, the key question is whether UL did address his putter before he dropped it. If he has addressed, then rightfully he should incur a penalty stroke when the ball moved.

I try to answer, the rules stated that "Under the Rules there is no penalty if a player accidentally causes his ball to move in the following circumstances: In searching for a ball in a hazard covered by loose impediments or sand, for a ball in an abnormal ground condition or for a ball believed to be in water in a water hazard — Rule 12-1
• In removing movable obstructions — Rule 24-1 "

Since dropping of putter and ball moved is not cover above, meaning no exception, hence the penalty.

In golf, there is situation where the player get penalty for simply bad luck.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Neutralgolfer

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:01 am

Yes, UL will get 1 stroke penalty penalty under 18-2a as he is not addressing his ball.

If his ball moved after addressed, he will get 1 stroke penalty under 18-2b

As long as ball moved other than the mentioned exception, UL will get 1 stroke penalty, just under a) or b)

The next part is whether the ball should be replace or not. If ball move caused by stroke, then play as it lies (i.e. new position). If move by dropping putter (not considered as stroke), then ball needs to be replaced.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 85   W.I.M.P ? PART 85 Empty

Back to top Go down

W.I.M.P ? PART 85
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next