HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

W.I.M.P ? PART 95 - UL remember Seletar Base

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 95 - UL remember Seletar Base Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P ? PART 95 - UL remember Seletar Base   W.I.M.P ? PART 95 - UL remember Seletar Base EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:10 am

Myself and my old boy clubs boys are from the old school, not sure if many of us recalled playing in Seletar base golf club, how many remembered SBGC ?? some will remembered and some may not have started golf yet.

Seletar base was a former British Air Base, they have a lovely cow grass 9 holes course, now the Singapore Govt. turned it into a Aviation Hub. Myself and uncle Donald and many had spend many hours and memorable golfing time there.

SBGC 4 Holes Par 5, 500m nickname runway holes, right OB to the runway of Seletar Airport, was shorten to par 4 for the Seletar Airport. Many a times the new hill top green need to maintained, redo, regrass etc....out of 1 month, 2 to 3 times it was closed for maintenance !! Shocked

SBGC would then designated a patch of the fairway as hole 4 green, at the starter hut, the marshal would tell us that hole 4 green (temporary green) , a player whose ball lies on a temporary green may either pick up his ball, counting two putts, or putt out.

He always said that SBGC course is going through a period of renovation and it is necessary to use of temporary putting greens from time to time.

Question :- Temporary Local Rule states that a player whose ball lies on a temporary green may either pick up his ball, counting two putts, or putt out.

Is such a Local Rule authorized by SGA, USGA or even by the R&A ruling ???

Myself and uncle Donald always lifted added two stroke once our ball is on this temporary fairway green.

What is Uncle Donald and mine penalty if we were to go back in time ??

Cool

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P ? PART 95 - UL remember Seletar Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 95 - UL remember Seletar Base   W.I.M.P ? PART 95 - UL remember Seletar Base EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:45 pm

calling KP..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1