Uncle Lau
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:24 pm

During a match play game between Buggy A / Uncle Lau and Moi and Buggy B / Seiko and YoYo man. UL ball was an unmarked Callaway, he drive a 200m shot but it slice toward the right side of the fairway....both buggy moves toward the area the ball last seen. Seiko found a ball under a tree and shouted at Buggy A saying it a TaylorMade. Shocked

After 5 minute search, UL declared its lost (plus 2 stroke ) drive back to the teebox to retee while moi walked toward the ball where seiko found. Moi wanted to keep the ball, upon reaching the ball He FOUND out it UL Callayway ball !!!

What the penalty here ??? Did seiko deceived UL or he maybe he didn't see clearly ??? What happen now as UL tee his provision ball ???

Based on a true event !

W.I.M.P Part 55 924858
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
moi

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:10 am

UL, drop back the 1st ball and play again. For u, we waive away all penalties. Razz
Back to top Go down
bomby
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
bomby

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:11 am

ermm..

1) UL should not + 2. It is +1 as he drove back to the tee to re-tee from the last spot. So already taken stroke and distance. As declared as provisioned ball, can null it and play the original ball.

2) Seiko no penalty.. it is the job of the player (UL) to confirm the ball.

3) IMHO.. no penalty on either side.. though.. if got bet involved.. seiko own UL beer.. Razz
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official
kp

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:35 am

UL, this is quite straight forward.

Since you've searched for 5 mins and not finding your ball, it is deemed as lost, regardless whether or not you found it later. Under Rule 27-1, the penalty is 1 stroke and you have to play from where your last stroke was made, which you did right.

Let's look at other possible senario:

1. If the original ball is found before the 5 mins is up, and before UL played the 2nd ball, then UL is safe, and the original ball is in play.

2. If the original ball is found before the 5 mins is up, but after UL played the 2nd ball, then the 2nd ball becomes ball in play, and UL would be playing the 3rd stroke.

3. If the original ball is found after 5 mins, and UL chose to play it, he would have played the "wrong ball" and the penalty is 2 strokes (Rule 15-3). UL must correct the mistake by playing another ball from the teeing ground, i.e UL would be playing his 5th stroke. If he didn't and continue with the original ball, then UL is DQ.

Have fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:32 am

Thanks bomby and KP the insight on this ruling ! I learn alot from this story althought i am not the victim hehehe ! Very Happy

The moral of this story folks ...even your kakis said it not your ball, you still go and take a look !

Let Play !!! cheers

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:40 am

next time, the moment I see your ball I will throw it inside the water and declared u lost ball. Two strokes penalty...hehe
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:34 am

Seiko wrote:
next time, the moment I see your ball I will throw it inside the water and declared u lost ball. Two strokes penalty...hehe

Bro, lost ball only 1 stroke penalty...and play from where the last stroke was made lah...not 2 strokes penalty..wait UL angry, throw you inside the pond... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
Seiko

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:40 am

swing2sky wrote:
Seiko wrote:

Bro, lost ball only 1 stroke penalty...and play from where the last stroke was made lah...not 2 strokes penalty..wait UL angry, throw you inside the pond... Very Happy

other pple one stroke penalty...UL: two strokes...

y?

bcos he is the chief moderator mah... W.I.M.P Part 55 177110
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:44 am

Seiko wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
Seiko wrote:

other pple one stroke penalty...UL: two strokes...

y?

bcos he is the chief moderator mah... W.I.M.P Part 55 177110

Haha.. lol!

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 am

Seiko wrote:

Everyone, i got back and white proves that seiko is behind my failure to break 100.....let saddam him !!!

W.I.M.P Part 55 16911
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
swing2sky

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:47 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Seiko wrote:

Everyone, i got back and white proves that seiko is behind my failure to break 100.....let saddam him !!!

W.I.M.P Part 55 16911

W.I.M.P Part 55 419885 W.I.M.P Part 55 111886
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P Part 55   W.I.M.P Part 55 Empty

Back to top Go down

W.I.M.P Part 55
Page 1 of 1